Office of Equity and Inclusion Seeks Proposals
The Oregon Health Authority Office of Equity and Inclusion invites organizations to submit proposals to participate in the Health Equity and Inclusion Project Grant Program to improve health services and health outcomes for communities that experience health inequities.
OHA intends to award approximately five grants with OEI funding of approximately
$50,000 per Grant Agreement.
Actual grant amounts may be higher or lower than $50,000. The projected term of the Grant Agreements for the awards will be approximately May 1, 2013 through April 30, 2014. The grant proposal deadline is 3:00 PM Local Time, April 9, 2013
Grant projects from qualified organizations are intended to:
- Increase organizational effectiveness to address health equity and inclusion, strengthen internal leadership, management, and governance, and develop strategies, systems, structures and skills;
- Develop relevant strategies to promote inclusion and equity in hiring practices and improve diversity and cultural competence in the health care workforce;
- Increase equitable and inclusive health care access;
- Develop partnerships between community based organizations serving priority populations and research institutions to coordinate, collect and utilize research data to identify and disseminate promising best practice models and outcome evaluations based on social determinants of health and health care access; and
- Bridge health institutions with other sectors to address social determinants of health.
The Request for Grant Proposals (RFGP) #3539 is available online through the Oregon Procurement Information Network (http://orpin.oregon.gov/open.dll/welcome).
You must register as a "Supplier" to access the RFGP, any addenda, and other information relating to the RFGP during the open application period.
All questions regarding this proposal must be directed to the Sole Point of Contact (SPC):
John F. Gardner, Contracts Specialist or alternate
Department of Human Services
Office of Contracts and Procurement
800 NE Oregon Street, Suite 640
Portland, Oregon 97232
The Office of Equity and Inclusion cannot respond to questions during the open application period. However, a Proposers Conference/Webinar will be scheduled to provide information about the RFGP. The final date is to be determined and will be posted as an addendum to the RFGP on ORPIN.
About the Office of Equity and Inclusion
The Office of Equity and Inclusion's vision is all people and cultures co-creating and enjoying a healthy Oregon. OEI's mission is to engage and align diverse community voices and the Oregon Health Authority to assure the elimination of avoidable health gaps and to promote optimal health in Oregon.
OEI's strategic plan focuses on connecting people, policy and programs to make substantial and measurable progress toward the achievement of the vision and mission. OEI prioritizes the following strategic imperatives:
- Assure and sustain an organizational structure that relentlessly pursues health equity and organizational diversity in OHA and in Oregon's health promoting systems;
- Foster dynamic, strength-based, and authentic relationships among Oregon's diverse communities, OHA, and Oregon's health promoting systems;
- Integrate and use diversity development best practices in recruitment, hiring, retention, performance management, contracting and procurement, and leadership and employee development in OHA and in Oregon's health promoting systems; and
- Leverage community wisdom, timely data, and research to develop and effectively communicate the rationale for investing in health equity and eliminating avoidable gaps in health outcomes.